Chameleons don’t get enough credit. They’re quite literally one of the only animals on earth that are able to adapt to whatever surroundings they’re in. Is there a chameleon next to me right now? Maybe it is seamlessly camouflaged into my desk or coworker’s Hello Kitty knapsack? Who knows? They’re just that good at morphing themselves. Speaking of things that morph, our smoothies can easily be made into other just-as-satisfying treats. For instance, our recipes are used in baking. Get this fun fact: our PB & J Power smoothie make excellent peanut butter and jelly oat bars.
These peanut butter and jelly oat bars are made with our PB & J Power smoothie as the base and is mixed with other healthy ingredients to achieve a delicious taste. Just like its smoothie predecessor, these bars are quite versatile. In other words, they’re the perfect healthy breakfast option guaranteed to energize you for hours and filling afternoon snack for the whole family – dads, moms, kids, and chameleons will all love it.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Oat Bars Directions
- Total prep time: 5 minutes
- Total baking time: 35 minutes
- Total cooking time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 oat bars
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a Blix PB & J Power smoothie out of your freezer. Don’t have one? Here’s how to order one.
- Tear off the orange tab and add any liquid of choice to the fill line. Once filled, squeeze the cup to break up the ingredients inside (this helps the blending process).
- Put the cup upside down in the Xi Machine and hit start to blend. The blending should take anywhere from 2-4 minutes.
- Once blended, pour the contents of the smoothie into a mixing bowl. Mix in a ½ cup of dry oats, ½ cup of hemp seeds, ½ cup of chia seeds, and ½ cup of flax seeds. Make sure to mix thoroughly. Optional: add in 1-2 tablespoons of honey or agave syrup for added sweetness. In addition, you can also sprinkle in chocolate chips, raisins, or dried fruits for added texture.
- Pour the mix onto a 9x13 baking tray. Spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown.
- Lastly, let them cool and then cut them into bars. Enjoy!
For more information, visit www.myblix.com.